[Added May 2005]
An interesting article from New Scientist on 11 steps for a better brain is in fact mostly focused on ways to control the effects of aging on memory .
- Smart drugs.
- Smart food.
- Music listening. Playing an instrument.
- Bionic brains (computer stuff connected directly to the brain: in the next future).
- Mental workouts to improve working memory.
- Mnemonic tricks
- A good night’s rest
- Physical exercise
- The way of the nuns: i.e. a good lifestyle,the support of a community.
- Train to improve the concentration.Avoid causes of distractions.