Apulia,the heel of Italy's boot, is the country's flattest region.
Apulia is also a region among the most varied in Italy. It is very,very long(400
Km) with 700 Km of coasts. My personal list of the top ten touristic
attractions in Apulia, is :
An outsider is Matera with its Sassi.
Matera although not in Apulia is just on the regional
border with Basilicata.
- A beach among the dozen available
- Castel del Monte
- Any of the Romanesque cathedrals around Bari
- Castellana Caves
- Umbra Forest and Gargano
- Taranto archeological museum
- Lecce baroque buildings
- Alberobello and the Trulli. Alberobello is with Castel del Monte one of the two places in Apulia recognized by Unesco as being of exceptional value.
- Any of the small towns in the peninsula south of Bari(for example:
- Bari with its old city.
Good starting point for Web information on Apulia is:
Here you find instead a lot of pictures about Apulia
Maintained by Giuseppe Zito: